Monday, May 16, 2005

нельзя!

Since this is my first incredible quote post from Russia I thought it apropos that I post a Russian source. (As a side note: I went yesterday to Novo-Devichy monastery and in the Church they have an icon of St. Hilarion; while I was venerating I was yelled at by a wrinkly babushka [as if kissing the glass does any harm to the icon behind it]. I guess she takes the position that harm(?) done to the glass passes to the prototype; anyway...)
Tolstoy clearly demonstrated for us what results to expect from the absurd separation of Christianity from the Church and the negation of the Church in the name of imaginary Christianity. If one is to separate Christianity from the Church, then there is no need for the divinity of the Savior and the Holy Spirit is unnecessary.
    St. Hilarion (Troitsky)

No comments: